When you go to buy a home, know that you need to get the home inspected before you buy in order to avoid becoming a victim of a real estate scam. However, did you know that one of the most common ways people get ripped off when buying real estate is when they are scammed by professional home inspectors themselves? Or don’t even get the home inspected in the first place? This is why we have compiled this list of the top 10 home inspection scams to watch out for.
Typical Home Inspection Scams:
- You only get a visual inspection of your home.
- They don’t really check the condition of your roof.
- They don’t have any training.
- They are really working for your real estate agent.
- There are hidden costs.
- No experience with new homes.
- They won’t give a guarantee.
- They don’t have E&O Insurance.
- They don’t know local building codes.
- They damage the home.
To learn more, click here for full article from PropertyRecord.com: